Basic Shotgun Training Course
Classes held on Weekends
Duration - 8 hours
Cost - $150.00
A non-refundable $50.00 deposit is required to reserve your space in class
Click on the button below to use your credit card
Click on the button below to pay a deposit using your credit card
Or send a $50 check or money order to:
Maryland Gun Training Center, LLC
P. O. Box 1395,
Owings Mills, MD 21117-9998
Possible additional cost:
Use of school firearms - $5.00 (If needed)
School provided ammo - $20.00 (If needed)
You now can________________________________________
You will learn in this course:
• Types of shotguns
• Shotgun parts and their operation
• Ammunition and its function
• Shotgun shooting fundamentals
• How to select, clean, and store a firearm
The NRA Basic Shotgun Shooting Course teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for the safe and proper use of a shotgun in shooting a moving target. This course is at least ten-hours long and includes classroom and range time learning how to shoot shotguns at moving targets. Students learn NRA's rules for safe gun handling; shotgun parts and operation; shotgun shell components; shotgun shell malfunctions; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting at straight away and angled targets; cleaning; and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the Basics of Shotgun Shooting handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, take a Basics of Shotgun Shooting Student Examination, and a course completion certificate.
NRA and MdGTC® Certificates issued upon completion.
Who should take this course:
• Any current shotgun owner.
• Family members of current shotgun owners.
• Anyone contemplating shotgun purchase.
What is required:
• 50 rounds of ammunition. (Ammo can be provided at the cost of $20)
• Shotgun. (Will be provided for those who do not own one at the cost of $5)
• Eye (glasses) and ear protection. (Can be obtained on site at no extra cost)
We offer discount to those who takes multiple courses