Basic Rifle Training Course
Classes held on Sundays
Duration - 8 hours
Cost - $150.00
Possible additional cost:
Use of school firearms and ammunition - $35.00
To reserve your seat a $25.00 deposit is required.
This deposit is a part of $150 class fee.
Please click on this link to read more about the deposit.
Click on the button below to pay a deposit using your credit card
Or send a $25 check or money order to:
Maryland Gun Training Center, LLC
P. O. Box 1395,
Owings Mills, MD 21117-9998
(We offer discount to those who takes multiple courses)
You will learn in this course:
- Types of Rifles
- Rifle parts and their operation
- Ammunition and its function
- Rifle shooting fundamentals
- How to select, clean, and store a firearm
The NRA Basic Rifle Shooting Course teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary for the safe use of a rifle in target shooting. This course is at least 14 hours long and includes classroom and range time learning to shoot rifles. Students learn NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; rifle parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting from the bench rest, prone, sitting, standing and kneeling positions; cleaning, and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the Basics of Rifle Shooting handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, take a Basics of Rifle Shooting Student Examination, and a course completion certificate.
NRA and MdGTC® Certificates issued upon successfull completion.
Who should take this course:
• Any current rifle owner.
• Family members of current rifle owners.
• Anyone contemplating rifle purchase.
What is required:
• 50 rounds of ammunition. (Ammo can be provided at the cost of $20)
• Rifle (Will be provided for those who do not own one at the cost of $5)
• Eye (glasses) and ear protection. (Can be obtained on site at no extra cost)