NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Training
This class includes a separate module that qualifies it as an HQL class, required in the State of Maryland for the purchase of a handgun or any other regulated firearm!
Classes held on weekends
Duration - 8 hours
Cost - $150.00Possible additional cost:
Use of school firearms & ammo- $30.00 (If needed)
You will learn in this course:
• Types of handguns.
• Functions and parts of the handgun.
• Ammunition types, components & storage.
• Sight alignment & shooting techniques.
• Cleaning and storage of firearms.
• NRA qualification shooting session.
The NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for owning and operating a pistol safely. This course is 8-hours long and includes classroom and range time learning to shoot revolvers and semi-automatic pistols. Students learn NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; pistol parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting from two handed standing position; cleaning the pistol; and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, take a Basics of Pistol Shooting Student Examination, and a course completion certificate.
NRA and MdGTC® Certificates issued upon completion.
Who should take this course:
• Any current handgun owner.
• Family members of current gun owners.
• Anyone contemplating gun purchase.
What is required:
• Handgun and ammo.(Can be provided for those who do not own one at the cost of $30)
• Eye (glasses) and ear protection. (Can be obtained on site at no extra cost)
To reserve your seat a $50.00 deposit is required.
This deposit is a part of $150 class fee.
Please click on this link to read more about the deposit.
Click on the button below to pay a deposit using your credit card
(We offer discount to those who takes multiple courses)