NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Class
After adoption of the Maryland Gun Safety Act of 2013 NRA Basic Pistol Shooting class is superseded by the Maryland Handgun Qualification License class!_________________________________________________________________
This class includes a separate module that qualifies it as an HQL class, required in the State of Maryland for the purchase of a handgun or any other regulated firearm!
Classes held on weekends
Duration - 8 hours
Cost - $150.00Possible additional cost:
Use of school firearms & ammo- $30.00 (If needed)
You will learn in this course:
• Types of handguns.
• Functions and parts of the handgun.
• Ammunition types, components & storage.
• Sight alignment & shooting techniques.
• Cleaning and storage of firearms.
• NRA qualification shooting session.
The NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for owning and operating a pistol safely. This course is 8-hours long and includes classroom and range time learning to shoot revolvers and semi-automatic pistols. Students learn NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; pistol parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting from two handed standing position; cleaning the pistol; and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, take a Basics of Pistol Shooting Student Examination, and a course completion certificate.
NRA and MdGTC® Certificates issued upon completion.
Who should take this course:
• Any current handgun owner.
• Family members of current gun owners.
• Anyone contemplating gun purchase.
What is required:
• Handgun and ammo.(Can be provided for those who do not own one at the cost of $30)
• Eye (glasses) and ear protection. (Can be obtained on site at no extra cost)
To reserve your seat a $50.00 deposit is required.
This deposit is a part of $150 class fee.
Please click on this link to read more about the deposit.
After adoption of the Maryland Gun Safet Act of 2013 NRA Basic Pistol Shooting class is superceded by the Maryland Handgun Qualification License class!